Thursday, January 8, 2009

Preparation

I learned that you should feel when writing, not like Lord Byron on a mountain top, but like a child stringing beads in kindergarten, - happy, absorbed and quietly putting one bead on after another. Brenda Ueland

So in preparation for QWC's Year of the Edit beginning in February, I begin to string beads for my children's novel, so its rewrite may be complete in time to begin. In the following month of this blog, I will dabble in scenes for my book. They will make little sense but they are necessary for me to keep the energy of my writing moving. For those of you who visit in here, I apologise for the swing in content but hope you come along for the ride anyway. The following scenes, which will be posted daily, are experiments into the world of my fantasy novel; exercises to limber my brain and push me toward the finish line of February 8, where the beginning of the true journey starts in earnest.

No comments: